Maintenance & Child support

We act for clients who need financial support on separation or are being asked to pay maintenance. We also advise on child support obligations.

Following separation, one partner will often need financial support while they get back on their feet. Financial support on separation is called maintenance. Where an individual’s income is insufficient to cover their reasonable needs, their spouse or partner may be liable to pay maintenance to them for a period of time.

We represent clients who have been asked to pay maintenance to a former spouse or partner or who are in need of maintenance payments. We provide realistic advice to clients and aim to resolve maintenance disputes without the need for court proceedings. 

Where parties are unable to agree, it may be necessary to file an application for maintenance in the Family Court. We frequently act for clients bringing or defending claims for interim maintenance, where maintenance payments are sought urgently to cover the shortfall one party is experiencing. 

We also advise clients on child support obligations. We act for clients in child support disputes, including in relation to the enforcement of child support agreements. We have also represented clients applying for the payment of child support in a lump sum, including past child support. 

A leading boutique private client law firm.

Want to work with us?

Check out our current vacancies

If you require legal advice or would like further information about how we work, please complete the form below and someone from our team will get in touch with you.

Thank you for contacting Morris. We will be in touch shortly.
Uh oh, something messed up. Try refreshing the page and submitting again.